Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Fusion Card Challenge for December 2017

Idea #1. Idea #2. Blend #1 and #2 to get fusion. Yes! FUSION!

http://fusioncardchallenge.blogspot.com/2017/12/fusion-blue-gift.html

My goal was to do the sketch and color suggestion from the photo but there's something about what should be the front panel that I'm not happy about. I'll post the front photo later.

What I'm happier about is the inside panel. It's got different tones of blue and a light gray circle (which is a design element of the sketch layout). The simplicity of the layout appeals to me more than the movement or flow of the front panel.

Here's what I did for the inside of my Fusion challenge card:


Maybe we could stretch the sketch layout's circle and shorten the ribbon/rectangle piece and forget about the side and bottom pieces to have it counted for a TRUE fusion of sketch and photo?

The "front":

I guess it is the large scale blue dots paper that is throwing me off and/or the arc of the gems...?!?! I thought all the different blues in the paper would be a good choice and mimic the circle area on the sketch. I curved the gems because I wanted to again mimic the circle area not the rectangle shapes. This is a case of I should have kept it CAS--clean and simple. Ugh!

Love the simplicity of the other half of the card, however!!! 

Stay tuned to see if I hit or miss with the paper-crafting!, Becca

P.S.
[main supplies include blue dots paper from The Paper Studio by Hobby Lobby, the light gray and teal blue cardstock scraps from Colorbok, bookmark/gift tag bought at Dollar General]

2 comments:

  1. Love your graphic design! Way to rock the blues! Glad you joined us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking time to look. Have a blessed Christmas, Becca

      Delete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.